The easiest way to lose weight fast, to lose as much as 20 pounds in 1 week or even more is to eat plants and in this post I will explain to you why that’s the case.
But first a little preamble…
Why only suckers starve to lose weight
You don’t need to count calories or reduce the amount of the food you eat to lose weight.
You don’t need to eat less food or starve to lose weight.
You can cut the amount of calories you eat by as much as 50% and lose weight fast without ever counting a single calorie, restricting food or feeling hungry.
Losing weight without counting calories or restricting food is a very easy thing to do. It is the right thing to do.
In fact it’s so easy to do that I sometimes find it hard to believe that people actually go through the pain of paying someone money just so they can count how many calories they eat or eat skimpy, wimpy sized foods like a monk.
It is very tragic really.
Because all it takes to cut how much calories you eat and lose weight is something you are already aware of…something you probably already do from time to time but never consistently.
Something you might already be doing right now but not doing enough of.
Something a lot of people might have already tried to get you to do but failed.
What is it?,
It is eating healthy.
Yes, eating healthy. Eating healthy is the key to losing weight and keeping it off. Without it weight loss is at best only temporary or at worst a pipe dream.
People get fat or fail to lose weight because they eat foods that are not healthy, foods that are not native to their bodies…foods that their bodies were not originally designed to eat or be nourished by. High calorie, low nutrient foods, refined foods, animal based foods, junk food.
And until that is corrected weight loss never succeeds over the long term.
It is the key reason why most people simply gain back all the weight they lost and then some after going on a diet.
Most reliable way to cut calories in the world
Now, you probably already know that eating healthy helps you lose weight because of all the wonderful slimming nutrients that it pumps into your body. What you may not know however, or be consciously aware of is the fact that it is also the best way to lower the amount of calories you eat significantly over the long term.
- Adopting a healthier way of eating has been shown to lower your calorie intake by as much as 50% over the long term because the healthiest foods also often contain the least amount of calories.
- A pound of green vegetables for example contains only 100 calories. A similar amount of fresh fruits contains only 250 calories. 1 pound of starchy vegetables contains 350 calories, 1 pound of beans contains 350 calories…and 1 pound of unprocessed carbohydrates(whole wheat for example) contains 600 calories.
- Compare that with a pound of refined carbohydrates(white bread for example) that contains 1,300 calories, or 1 teaspoon of oil(which is nothing but refined fat )that contains 120 calories-that is 3,900 calories per pound (Yes, 1 teaspoon of oil contains as much as 120 calories and is the most calorie dense food in the world), or 1 pound of red meat that contains 2,000 calories or even white meat that contains 900 calories per pound or potato chips and French fries that contain 2,600 calories per pound and you’d begin to understand.
You begin to understand why Americans are so fat and why so many of Americans struggle and fail to lose weight-because these are the foods they eat all day and still expect to get slim.
A couple of teaspoonfuls of oil eaten every day can completely destroy your weight loss efforts because of it’s high calorie content!.
Deciding to start eating healthy(even just staying away from refined food alone) can drastically reduce how much calories you eat without you needing to count calories at all and cause you to get thin literally overnight.
- In fact the most reliable way to cut calories in the world is simply to stay away from refined foods. Doing so significantly lowers how much calories you eat without you ever needing to counting calories or go hungry.
- Junk food, refined foods and snacks are calorie powerhouses and nutritional minnows, eating them lavishly is the reason Americans are fat.
- Quitting them drops a ton of calories from your diet and makes you thin without a fight.
Weight loss gymnastics: the reason most people fail to lose weight
But the problem is that many people just want to keep eating these toxic foods and still somehow find a way to lose weight.
So they come up with all kinds of machinations, all kinds of crazy methods-portion control, eating with smaller plates to try and “deceive” the brain into making them feel full, eating with blue plates because they believe that the blue color suppresses appetite, becoming wizards at counting calories and knowing the amount of calories hundreds of foods contain and other shenanigans, instead of doing something so easy and so logical-which is to simply cut off unhealthy high calorie foods from their diets and decide to start eating more healthily.
And of course those “shenanigans” never work because they are not natural-it’s a bit like trying to drive a car on kerosene. It might move the car for a while ( if it does at all ) but it ultimately causes it to break down.
That’s what happens to most people. They get on these sham diets and lose weight for a while, but they soon get worn out, start feeling food deprived, cravings and hunger kick in, they quit and then gain back all the weight they lost.
Others simply stop losing weight after a while because many of these diets still contain the very things that made them fat in the first place. So they abandon it in frustration and gain back all the weight they lost.
- This is actually what’s responsible for the failure of most weight loss diets. They try to get you to eat smaller portions of unhealthy highly refined high calorie foods instead of teaching you to eat larger portions of healthy unrefined low calorie foods. They force you to adopt an unhealthy approach to weight loss and that’s why they fail.
- Healthy eating and weight loss are like courtship and marriage-without the former the latter rarely happens.
- Healthy eating is the forerunner of weight loss. It always comes before.
- You must learn to eat healthy if you want to get slim for good. Every other approach is simply futile.
Defining healthy eating: eating like a gorilla
So to lose weight you must first of all understand what healthy eating actually means and have a simple plan for implementing it in the way you eat.
The problem however is that people tend to give their own private meaning to this much talked about term.
They do all kinds of gymnastics around it and many times it is because they are looking for ways to justify not refusing to eat foods they know poison their bodies.
So we must say what that term means, define it once and for all. So we are sure everyone is on the same page.
But before I go ahead to tell you what I think it actually means to eat healthy let me first of all ask you a simple question.
Do you know what makes the Gorilla so large?. I mean that animal is very big right?. Now you would think that an animal that big will be an aggressive eater or a carnivore. That it totally “decimates” things so it can feed, but you’d be wrong. The Gorilla gets 95% of it’s diet from plants and only 5% from animal sources-mostly from termites and other insects.
That giant of an animal gets big eating small, simple things.
Now you may be wondering why I brought that up, well the reason is simple. We are primates like the Gorilla and our diet was made to closely resemble theirs. All Primates ate a similar kind of diet until man decided to become more “civilized” in the way he eats and started getting fat as a result.
In fact human populations that still eat a predominantly unrefined plant based diet (just like the gorilla) have the lowest rates of obesity in the world (like the populations of rural china, Asia and most of Africa). And it’s because plants contain the least amount of calories of all the food types in the world.
So if you are wondering what eating healthy actually means for a human being it means eating like a Gorilla. It means eating a Gorilla type diet.
Because that is the diet that our bodies were originally designed to thrive by. The diet our bodies were originally designed to be nourished by.
- The fact that plants contain so little calories and so many nutrients(plants contain up to 25 times more nutrients than all other food types in the world)is proof of that.
- Green vegetables(the queen of plant foods) has a nutrient density of 97/100(the highest in the world). On the other hand meat (the king of animal foods has a measly nutrient density of 15/100(among the lowest in the world).
- Unrefined plant food contains up to 8-30 times less calories than animal food which is why populations that eat a largely plan based diet rarely get fat and have the lowest rates of obesity in the world.
You can literally eat a mountain of plant food and still never eat too many calories or gain weight.
- Our bodies were designed to get and stay healthy by eating mostly unrefined plants just like the gorilla does. Moving away from that diet is what makes us fat.
A plant based diet is a naturally calorie restricted diet so that you don’t need to consciously strive to cut calories when you eat mostly plants.
The fact that human populations that eat a mostly unrefined plant based diet remain slim and are rarely overweight as found by a 20 year study of populations in china by researchers at Cornell university is proof enough of that.
Eating healthy therefore means two things
That’s all there is to healthy eating.
And the more you do those two things the slimmer and healthier you get. The less you do them the fatter and sicker you get.
That’s the relationship between the food you eat and your weight.
- You can’t get slim over the long term without taking a conscious decision to start eating healthy.
- Healthy eating and weight loss are inseparably tied at the hip-you can’t have one without the other.
- As a human being and a primate you must eat a predominantly unrefined plant based diet…like the gorilla if you want to get slim and healthy. That’s how it was meant to be.
When you start doing that you’d suddenly understand why Americans are so fat, why so many Americans suffer from Obesity and Diabetes. Why cancers and heart disease are killing so many Americans and how changing what they eat can make all that go away.
The easiest way to lose weight fast is to eat only unprocessed plant food because plants contain the least amount of calories, the highest amount of nutrients, the highest amount of fiber and the most antioxidants of all foods.
How to eat to lose weight without counting calories.
To lose weight quickly without counting calories you should follow these 3 simple rules.
Note: 1 and 2 above should form at least 90% of your diet if you want to lose weight without counting calories.
The graphic below explains it even better
Image courtesy of drfuhrman.com
Eating like the graphic above suggests…eating a predominantly unrefined plant based diet can help you l0se up to 20 pounds in 7 days and easily top 40 pounds in 60 days. Yes that quickly. It can make you completely slim in 1 year even if you are morbidly obese. It is the fastest and safest way to lose weight in the world. Faster and safer than even weight loss surgery.
Examples of foods to eat to lose weight without counting calories.
Spinach, Swiss Char, Romaine lettuce,
Collards, Kale, Parsley, Daikon, Leafy lettuces,
Broccoli, Celery, Bok Choy, Cucumber, Cabbage,
Brussels Sprouts, Asparagus, Artichokes, Peppers,
Okra, String Beans, Zuchinni, Snow peas
Onions, Tomatoes, Water chestnuts, Cauliflower, Beets,
Bamboo shoots, Mushrooms, Eggplant, Yellow and red peppers
Cow peas, Chickpeas, Pinto beans, cannellini beans, Soybeans,
Lentils, Lima beans, White beans, Pigeon peas, Red kidney beans,
Black eyed peas, Black beans, Navy beans
Blueberries, Blackberries, Raspberries, Strawberries, Cantaloupes,
Banana, Apples, Apricots, Peaches, Pears, Melons, Plums, Nectarines,
Mangoes, Kiwis, Grapes, Grapefruit, Tangerines, Persimmons, Oranges
Butternut squash, Acorn squash, Sweet potato, White potato, Corn,
Pumpkins, Turnips, Carrots, Parsnips, Winter squash, Chestnuts
Oats, Quinoa, Brown rice,
Wild rice, Millet, Barley, Buckwheat
Cashews, Pine nuts, Pecans, Macadamia nuts, Almonds,
Pistachios, Filberts, Sunflower seeds, Pumpkin seeds
Foods to avoid
I hope you have found the information useful.
If you would like to make eating healthy and losing weight even easier please download my book Slim Without Dieting. It explains the principles discussed here even further…in greater detail and gives you a meal plan that makes getting slim a lot easier.
The meal plan works because it was created using the 6 lowest calorie foods in the world.
If you have found this post useful please share it with someone. Who knows?, they might find it useful too.
Let me know your thoughts below.