Here are some of the best home remedies for spider veins to help you get rid of your symptoms at home. All of the remedies listed below are all natural and you may already have some lying around your home.
Note: If you are allergic to any of the ingredients in the remedies below, please consult your doctor before using them!
Best Home Remedies For Spider Veins
Basically, spider veins usually appear as a result of weak or damaged veins which can affect the hands, legs, cheeks, nose, chin or anywhere on the face. Other causes may be due to genetics, hormones, age, stress, sitting for too long, obesity, medications, or wearing tight clothes.
Spider veins are usually harmless but they can sometimes cause pain, swelling, rashes, itching, restless leg syndrome and may sometimes result in skin ulcers when left untreated.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is known to help increase blood circulation, this is effective in reducing pain and swelling caused by spider veins.
- Fill a bowl with organic apple cider vinegar and soak in a piece of clean cloth.
- Squeeze out excess vinegar from the cloth
- Put it on the affected area for 30 minutes.
- Repeat the process 3 times daily
Ginger lessens the appearance of spider veins and helps to break up the strength of a blood protein called fibrin in the areas where the veins are injured. Ginger also reduces blood pressure and improve blood circulation which helps reduce the symptoms.
- Cut thin slices of 1 – inch ginger
- Put these slices in 2 cups of boiling water.
- Keep it over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add honey (optional)
- Drink this ginger tea to clear the spider veins.
- You will need to consume this tea at least 3 times daily to get any real results.
Note: Consult your doctor before using this remedy if you are on blood thinners or blood pressure medications. You can also simply chew on a few slices of ginger twice daily to get the same effect.
Horse Chestnut contains anti-inflammatory and anti-swelling compounds which can help lower spider veins pain.
- Mix 10 tablespoons of distilled witch hazel to 1 tablespoon of horse chestnut
- Stir the mixture well and put it onto the affected area.
- Leave it on for a few minutes.
- Use this remedy twice daily for best effect
Note: This remedy should not be used for people with kidney problems, liver disease, people taking blood medications or pregnant.
Cayenne pepper contains a compound called capsaicin that stimulates and promote blood circulation. It also reduces swelling and pain.
- Fill 1 cup of hot water and add 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder.
- Stir well and drink it to get rid of spider veins.
- Drink this remedy 2 times per day to reduce your symptoms
Note: This remedy is not recommended for pregnant women!
There you go! The best remedies for spider veins that you can start using today at home! If you liked this post, please share it with your friends and family.