According to the Traditional Chinese Medicine, each food that we consume has individual properties that can act in a specific way on our health.
The food that we consume can help us rebalance the body and treat different health problems.
During the colder winter months, we should replace the fresh foods of summer (salad greens, cucumbers, watermelon, and tomatoes) with warming, nourishing foods of winter (spices like ginger, cumin, cinnamon, and all the soups and warm drinks).
To treat these problems, you should consume the ginger in its fresh/raw form. Add fresh grated or sliced ginger in a hot water with a bit of raw honey and lemon and you will see amazing results!
You can also try this incredible soup. It is very easy and simple to prepare and will do wonders for your health! You will no longer need to be afraid of the cold season!
Ginger Soup To Kick That Cold To The Curb
- 1-2 inch piece of fresh ginger(sliced thinly)
- 4 green onions (sliced into medium sized pieces)
- 1-2 garlic cloves peeled and chopped (you can also use a garlic press).
- 6 cups Chicken bone broth (you can also use regular chicken stock)
- In a pot, add the garlic, onions, ginger, and mushrooms (optional) and add a small amount of broth.
- Let it simmer until the ingredients are softened. Then, add the rest of the stock and bring to a boil.
- Make sure to reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Consume it throughout the day and you will feel better!
- You can store this broth/soup in the fridge for a few days.
- If you like some extra heat, you can eat the ginger pieces.
- If you want, feel free to add some other vegetables.
- However, make sure not to add too much salt!
- Add in 4-5 pieces of Astragalus to the broth. It can boost your energy (qi) and immune system
- Use dried or fresh mushrooms to add an extra boost for your Qi.
- Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- Organic chicken bones simmered for 24 hrs with 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 12 cups of water for one pound of bones. However, instead of measuring it out, you can also fill the pot to cover the bones.
- Save your bones from a roast or check with your local butcher for chicken backs or ends.
- For a more nutritional boost, save the ends of the vegetables in a bag in the freezer then add them to the stock.
Broth for Vegetarians
- Vegetarians you can make a vegan “bone broth” using vegetable stock or the ends of your veggies simmered for 8-10 hours and adding things like seaweeds, mushrooms, and miso to up the nutrient content.